The Nine Essentials of Neuromotor learning for Lifelong Vitality are a set of qualities and behaviors that your brain needs for optimal function.
- Movement With Attention – Build New Connections
- Slow-Luxuriate in the Richness of Feeling to Create a Feedback Loop
- Variation-Enjoy Abundant Possibilities
- Subtlety – Experience the Power of Gentleness
- Enthusiasm – Turn the Small into the Great
- Flexible Goals-Seizing the Opportunity in Front of You
- Learning switch -Full of Energy and Cognitive Coherence
- Imagination and Dreams -Create Your Life
- Awareness -Thrive with Authentic Volitional Action
These qualities and behaviors, which we all have at our fingertips, were first introduced by Anat Baniel in the early 2000’s. The principles evolved from a lifelong study under the expert mentorship of her beloved teacher & friend, the somatic philosopher and clinician, Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais.
It was a great opportunity & pleasure to study with Anat for several years, during which I learned to effectively apply the Nine Essentials with children of all abilities.
She holds a special place in my life as the person who inspired my deep love for children, and desire to help them realize their highest self. Thanks Anat!